Engage your talent by offering opportunities for experiential learning. NEWaukee has designed unique Talent Accelerators tailored for professionals across business, sales, human resources, technology and more. What differentiates our programs is their strong focus on engaging participants with the city of Milwaukee and its resources.
Sales Network Accelerator:
A six month sales and networking training program that offers both theoretical solutions and the opportunity to test and practice those theories in real-life experiences. The length of the program offers participants the ability to forge deeper relationships with their potential customers through NEWaukee’s expansive program offering. The accelerator includes three classroom sessions and three field studies as well as module workbooks and individual coaching from industry leaders.
In addition to the 6-month course, all participants are given access to an alumni network following the course completion which receives exclusive invites to future NEWaukee programs.
Target Audience: Sales and account representative staff with 0-5 years in their industry
Talent Acquisition Guild:
TA professionals are the front line of advocacy for the Milwaukee region, as they dictate whether or not someone stays here for a job. It would be beneficial to whole region, if this cluster of professionals is armed with current resources that extol the virtues of our community over another. To best serve this constituency, we propose the Talent Acquisition Guild, which is an exclusive club for TA professionals to learn best practices in the talent space, to experience the city of Milwaukee first hand and to network with their peers.
The Guild will unite on a quarterly basis for a Milwaukee 101 Course & Field Studies. Each session would go through the following focus areas and feature a complementary national keynote speaker:
- Milwaukee Neighborhoods & History: Known as a “big city of little neighborhoods,” Milwaukee’s unique neighborhoods are what make up the city’s one-of-a-kind culture. We review what makes Milwaukee’s neighborhoods distinct and get off the beaten path.
- Technology & Startup Ecosystem: Wisconsin is gaining some national media recognition in its quest to build a reputation as a hub for startup technology companies. We explore the co-working spaces, startup accelerators and innovation labs that make Milwaukee primed for the digital economy.
- Milwaukee Quirks: Art, Food, & Culture: Milwaukee definitely has a little bit of everything someone might need, a well as a bit of what they didn’t know they want! From freshwater surfing, Hammerschlagen (it involves beer and hammers), an alleyway transformed into an outdoor mural gallery, cheese pairings: you’ll find it all and so much more.
- Sports & Recreation: The four distinct seasons create an incredible variety of ways to get off the couch and enjoy being outside all year long. We explore how the fresh coast is actually the best coast complemented by our abundance of parks, trails and major league sports teams.
Following each session, participants board a bus to go and see the content in person. The bus tours include food and drinks, as well as an opportunity for networking.
In addition to the quarterly Milwaukee 101 Course & Field Studies, Guild participants have access to:
- Discounted Tickets to The Talent Conference: An annual two-day experiential conference focused on innovations in talent acquisition
- Complimentary VIP invitations to NEWaukee programming
- Monthly newsletter with up-to-date Milwaukee information, events and initiatives
- Marketing Milwaukee tool kits and materials for in-house training
- Unlimited access to NEWaukee Job Network for open job posts
There are three membership tiers for the Talent Acquisition Guild depending on the size and interest level of the participating companies. Please contact us for more information on these tiers and their fees.
co:lab – A Civic Accelerator
The Commons, NEWaukee and Startup Milwaukee jointly present co:lab – a civic accelerator that delivers a deeply engaging and experiential opportunity for a select group of Milwaukeeans to change their city for the better. Participants apply their diverse skills, build new connections into the city and work together to produce a high-impact solution for a real community issue.
Through a series of seven workshops, participants are exposed to new concepts such as design thinking, rapid prototyping and are given an opportunity to develop fundamental leadership and management skills. Participants will also gain exposure to various community leaders throughout the program from city government, business improvement districts and other civic organizations who are involved in this program.
Investment: Varies for each of the above programs. Please contact us today to receive an itemized quote.
Contact us for more information!
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 414-273-1386