Building our nation’s future leaders!
The 2015 YPSummit offered intensive training on young professional organization program design, membership acquisition and engagement as well as fundraising and media workshops.
Every April NEWaukee hosts YPWeek, a weeklong platform for discovery, adventure and meaningful conversations about the issues that matter among young professionals in Wisconsin. YPWeek brings together key leaders in the community, at purposefully chosen locations that integrate the unique cultural assets with meaningful learning or social interaction. The activities engage the millennial workforce in experiences that are important to a YP while educating employers on the role these functions play in retaining YPs as their workforce. For more information about the nation’s first YPWeek, please visit: www.ypweek.com.
Through the expansion of YPWeek across the state of Wisconsin, NEWaukee has discovered a need for the development of the leaders organizing the young professional communities in each town, as well as the YP organizations housed within corporate employee resource groups and non-profit organizations. As young professionals themselves, these leaders require training to execute the multiplicity of their roles and they crave peer mentorship from other YP leaders.
– Intensive professional development training focused on:
— How to increase program membership
— How to diversify program design
— How to drive member engagement and civic participation
— How to fundraise for programs
— How to launch a new YP organization
– Meaningful network connections focused on:
— Peer mentorship among YP leaders
— Increasing capital and intellectual resources through best practice sharing
– Program planning for YPWeek 2016 for nationwide collaboration:
— Development of program action plan
– What if Anything Were Possible, by Leslie Carol Roberts
– The 10 Mistakes We Made Starting a YP Group, by Angela Damiani
– Fundraising 101, by Griselda Aldrete
– Priming Cities for Young Professionals, by Amy Elliot Bragg
– How to Interest the Masses, by Jeremy Fojut
– What is YPWeek (and why you should join us!)?, by Angela Damiani
– Statewide Connections, Promotions and Fundraising, by Angela Damiani