Company: Northwestern Mutual
Location: Downtown Milwaukee and Franklin
Available Positions: Multiple technology positions available! Find them HERE!
Company Culture Profile: Creating the Future
Who we are
- Northwestern Mutual is a great place to experiment, learn and grow a career. When you join us, you’ll be part of a winning team focused on helping people become financially secure. We offer the strength and scale of a Fortune 100 company combined with an entrepreneurial culture.
- Big ideas don’t happen when you feel boxed in. Our agile, collaborative work environment enables you to do your work how and where you do it best. We emphasize empowerment, teamwork and innovation—all in an effort to solve problems in a digital world and create an industry-leading digital platform.
- Innovation is essential for delivering not just what’s needed now, but also for what people will expect in the future. We’re focused on creating a distinctive digital experience. That means understanding client needs by actively gathering and analyzing data and user feedback, and using that to create and release new capabilities faster and more frequently than ever.
- We’re building muscles around experimentation—generating and testing new ideas as we create our digital future. We’re all encouraged to think bigger, look up and out, and explore different perspectives through company Hackathons and other opportunities to submit innovative ideas for future development.
- Northwestern Mutual wants people who can make us better. We’re actively looking for skilled technology professionals who share our passion for helping people live life differently. You’ll find opportunities to grow and be rewarded by helping us continue to innovate and thrive in a digital world.
Your everyday work makes an impact at Northwestern Mutual. We’re continually looking for new and better ways to work—which means you’ll have opportunities to engage with a variety of vital, engaging technology platforms and help us solve problems to benefit our clients:
- Clients entrust us with their personal information, so information/web/infrastructure security is an absolute necessity and key growth area here.
- We have a mainframe and other legacy products that will need to be upgraded or replaced.
- Mining data/analytics helps us serve our clients better and strengthens our business.
- Through automation and containerization, we continually enhance systems reliability and availability.
- We are focused on creating an industry-leading digital client platform.
- To the cloud! We are leveraging cloud-based infrastructure.
How else can I build and use my awesome skills at Northwestern Mutual?
- Educational Assistance Program: Up to $5250/year to support ongoing education.
- Volunteering: Paid time to volunteer for an array of community-focused activities.
- Matching Gifts Program: Up to $3000 per employee per year in matching gifts to schools and nonprofits.
- Volunteer Support Program: Up to $500 per year per employee to match your volunteer hours with 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Northwestern Mutual Scholarship Program: Children of employees may qualify for up to $5000 in post-secondary scholarship benefits.
- STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) Outreach Opportunities: Help develop the next generation of top tech talent.