Bundle up and experience winter adventure in a whole new light!
Cure your cabin fever and come out for the first ever Urban Candlelight Hike in Three Bridges Park.
Two miles of the Hank Aaron State Trail will be lit with candlelight for hiking or snowshoeing – this event will take place with or without snow! Trails are open to explore from 5:30-8:30pm.
- Roaring Campfire & Free Marshmallow Roasting
- Guided Walks with Bilingual Guides – sign up for 6pm or 7pm
- Warm up with an all-you-can-eat pizza dinner buffet & drink specials by a toasty wood-fired pizza oven
- $10 adults and $6 kids (12 & under)
- Rishi Tea Tasting at Pizzeria 3301
- Don’t forget dessert! The Urban Ecology Center will have free hot chocolate on tap and churros for dipping! Bring your thermos to save on waste and to take your hot chocolate on your hike.
- After Party with NEWaukee in one of the new Menomonee Valley Breweries
Sign up to win one of our great door prizes!
- George Foreman Indoor/Outdoor Grill
- Friends of the Hank Aaron State Trail Pack (Membership, T-Shirt, Handkerchief, Complimentary registration to the 18th Annual Hank Aaron State Trail 5K Run/Walk)
- Urban Ecology Center Family Membership
- Rishi Tea – 6 people will take home loose leaf tea and tea sachets!
Three Bridges Park
Located along the Menomonee River between 27th and 37th Streets, Three Bridges Park was once part of a wild rice marsh, then a rail yard, and then a vacant site for decades. It has been transformed into Three Bridges park – a 24-acre park, outdoor science classroom for the Urban Ecology Center, and a part of the Hank Aaron State Trail. Some say that it’s a place you can escape the city without ever leaving it.
- The park features:
- Two miles of accessible biking and walking trails
- River access for fishing, canoeing, and kayaking
- 42 community gardens
- Three bike/pedestrian bridges
We need volunteers to light up clean up, and keep this event safe for all hikers!
- Setup: 12 needed – 3:30-5:15pm
- Cleanup: 12 needed – 8:30-9:30pm
- Crossing Guards at Milwaukee Rd & Canal St – 45 min shifts: 8 needed – 2 at 5:15pm, 2 at 6pm, 2 at 6:45pm, 2 at 7:30pm
- Event Photography/videography: 2 needed
- Musician to play at Palermo’s Pizza: 1 needed
These three organizations have partnered to bring many positive changes to Milwaukee, including Three Bridges Park which provides access to jobs, science education, environmental and public health, and neighborhood vitality.
We look forward to bringing you the first ever Urban Candlelight Hike in Three Bridges Park!