Inaugural series of events celebrates Milwaukee’s Menomonee Valley:
The first ever “Valley Week,” presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, runs from September 23-30 and gives you a lot of reasons to explore and experience Milwaukee’s Menomonee Valley. Sign up early for special tours via bike, boat, bus, or kayak, the Ultimate Beer Run, and Campfire Stories!
Valley Week offers something for everyone, from nature lovers to history enthusiasts, job seekers to those looking for something unique to do in the city.
Valley Week events are listed at ValleyWeek.com. Menomonee Valley Partners (MVP) is a featured NEWaukee nonprofit this year and proceeds from the events support MVP, a nonprofit organization formed in 1999 to revitalize the Menomonee Valley and make it the best it can be for the greater Milwaukee community.
Sat, Sep 23
- The Ultimate Beer Run: This unique run/walk event makes a loop between City Lights Brewing and Third Space Brewing, offering participants a mid-point beer at one brewery (because you shouldn’t have to wait!) and the ultimate in sustainable gold medals at the end – in liquid form of course. Sign up by Sep 6 to be guaranteed a fashion forward, limited edition Ultimate Beer Run t-shirt!
Mon, Sep 25
- Tree Planting in Three Bridges Park: Volunteers can plant a tree that will provide shade for future generations. Plant a tree with a child or friend and return in 15 years to see the results!
- Menomonee River Kayak Tour: Paddle the river and canals while exploring the Valley’s past and exciting future. Check out some rarely visited canals and get a feel for Milwaukee’s industrial past.
Tues, Sep 26
- Discover Your Career Expo: This one-stop shop career exploration expo showcases the wide variety of employment opportunities available at Valley businesses, from entry-level to high skill, and offers potential candidates a chance to explore how to start on a career path here and connect with training resources.
Weds, Sep 27
- Campfire Stories: Enjoy a sunset view of the Valley while listening to fireside stories from dynamic presenters with whose own stories intersect with the story of the Valley. Palermo’s Food Truck will serve Italian Street Food and S’mores Pizzettas. Third Space Brewing will have happiness on tap.
Thurs, Sep 28
- Happy Hour on the River: Enjoy a casual 45-minute happy hour cruising along the Menomonee River and its less explored canal.
Sat, Sep 30
- Menomonee Valley: Behind, Below, and Above the Scenes: This in-depth tour of the Menomonee Valley will happen one time only. We will take you on a behind-the-scenes adventure where you will experience rarely seen sides of the Menomonee Valley and some of the companies that have helped to shape Milwaukee.
- Menomonee Valley History Tour: Take a leisurely bike ride along the Hank Aaron State Trail with frequent stops to explore the rich history of the Valley and its role in making Milwaukee.
Sobelman’s Pub N Grill will donate $1 from every Bloody Mary sold from Sep 23-30 to Menomonee Valley Partners. Extra pickle, please! Twisted Fisherman Crab Shack will donate $5 from every Valley Week 3-course menu sold from Sep 23-30.
Valley Week is presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino. Supporting Sponsors include the Harley-Davidson Foundation, Menomonee Valley Business Improvement District #26, Komatsu Mining Corp, Rexnord, and We Energies.
Located in the heart of Milwaukee, the Menomonee Valley is a thriving district that integrates industry, entertainment, and nature.
For more information and to register for events, visit ValleyWeek.com.
Menomonee Valley Partners is a nonprofit organization formed in 1999 with a mission to revitalize and sustain the Menomonee Valley as a thriving urban district that advances economical, ecological, and social equity for the benefit of the greater Milwaukee community. Since then, 46 companies have moved to or expanded in the Valley, more than 5,000 jobs have been created, 60 acres of parks and trails have been established, and 10 million people visit the Valley’s recreation and entertainment destinations each year.